Mount Sinai School of Medicine – New York, NY
Internship & Residency
Stony Brook University Hospital – Stony Brook, NY
Cooper University Hospital – Camden, NJ
Dr. Troy Sukkarieh received his Bachelor of Science degree in Molecular and Cellular Biology with a distinction in research at the University of Washington. He obtained his Doctor of Medicine at The Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York where he was awarded the American Society of Hematology Scholarship. He served his surgical and urologic residencies at Stony Brook University Hospital. As part of this residency, he performed duties at The Northport Veterans Administration Hospital and Winthrop University Hospital. Dr. Sukkarieh also completed a fellowship in advanced laparoscopy and robotic surgery at Cooper University Hospital.
Dr. Sukkarieh has authored numerous manuscripts in peer reviewed journals and has given podium presentations at international meetings. He is a board-certified urologist and is a member of the American Urological Association and Society of Endourology. Dr. Sukkarieh has been the acting Chief of Robotic Surgery at CentraState Medical Center since the inception of the Division of Robotic Surgery in 2010.
- CentraState Medical Center
- American Urological Association
- Society of Endourology
- American Society of Hematology Research Fellowship (1997)
- Rehman If Chughtai B, Sukkarieh T, Khan SA. Extraperitoneal Laparoscopic Removal of Eroded Mid-Urethral Sling: a New Technique. J Endourology. Accepted for publication.
- Rehman J, Boglia J, Chughtai B, Sukkarieh T, Khan SA, Lewis R, Darras F, Wadhwa NK, Samadi DB, Waltzer WC. High Body Mass Index in Muscular Patients and Flank Position are Risk Factors for Rhadomyolysis: Case-Report after Laparoscopic Live Donor Nephrectomy. J Endourology. Sept 2006; 20(9): 646-50
- Kravits F, Cohen H, Sheynkin Y, Sukkarieh T. Intraoperative Ultrasound Guided Needle Localization of Nonpalpable Testicular Tumors. AJR Am J Roentgenol. Jan 2006; 186(1): 141-3
- O’Malley R, Chughtai B, Sukkarieh T, Kirshenbaum A, Sawas A, Khan S. Case and Management of Incidentaloma in Patients with Von Hippel-Lindau Disease. Urologia Internationalis. 2005; 75(2): 189-191
- Rehman J, Khan S, Sukkarieh T, Chugtai B, Waltzer W. Extraperitoneal Laparoscopic Simple Retropubic Prostatectomy for Trilobar Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: A Novel Technique. J Endourol. May 2005; 19(4): 491-6
- Rehman J, Ragab M, Venkatesh R, Sundaram C, Khan S, Sukkarieh T, Samadi D, Chughtai B, White F, Bostwick D, Waltzer W. Smooth Muscle Regeneration after Electrosurgical Endopyelotomy in a Porcine Model as Confirmed by Electron Microscopy. J Endourol. Dec 2004; 18(10): 982-8
- Smalldone M, Sukkarieh T, Reda A, Khan S. Epilepsy and Erectile Dysfunction: a Review. Seizure. Oct 2004; 13(7): 453-9
- Sheynkin Y, Sukkarieh T, Lipke M, Cohen H, Schulsinger D. Management of Nonpalpable Testicular Tumors. Urology. Jun 2004; 63(6): 1163-7
- Sukkarieh T, Smalldone M, Shah B. Multiple Foreign Bodies in the Anterior and Posterior Urethra. Int Braz J Urol. May 2004; 30(3): 219-20
- Brison S, Smalldone M, Sukkarieh T, Lipke M. Testicular Ischemia Following Open Prostatectomy. J Urol. Apr 2004; 171(4): 1633
- Brem H, Balledux J, Sukkarieh T, Carson P, Falanga V. Healing of Venous Ulcers of Long Duration with a Bilayered Living Skin Substitute: Results from a General Surgery and Dermatology Department. Dermatol Surg. Nov 2001; 27(11): 915-9