State University of New York Upstate Medical University – Syracuse, NY
Internship & Residency
University Of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
A board-certified urologist and diplomat of the American Board of Urology, Dr. Mutahar Ahmed is a specialist in Oncology, Laparoscopic / Robotic Surgery, Cryo Surgery and reconstructive urological surgery. He has a special interest in prostate, bladder, and kidney cancer and minimally invasive approaches to treating them. Dr. Ahmed has been an innovator in varieties of robotic and laparoscopic surgery including first to perform Robotic radical cystectomy and sacrocolpopexy in Hackensack University Medical Center. He continues to teach other urologists this exciting technology.
Dr. Ahmed has privileges at Hackensack University Medical Center in Hackensack, The Valley Hospital in Ridgewood, Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, The Stone Center in Newark, UMDNJ in Newark, St. Barnabas Hospital in Livingston and Holy Name Hospital in Teaneck. Dr. Ahmed serves as a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Surgery, Division of Urology at Rutgers NJ Medical School.
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- American Endourologic Society
- American Urological Association
- Society of Larapoendoscopic Surgeons
As an author, Dr. Ahmed has published and presented numerous papers and abstracts in urologic journals.
- The Pfizer Scholars in Urology Award
- Praecis Pharmaceuticals Gerald P. Murphy Scholars for distinction in the study of prostate cancer
- The Society of Laparoscopic Surgeons Resident Achievement Award
- Honored as one of New Jersey Monthly’s Top Doctors
- GHI Qualcare
- Healthnet Federal
- Humana Choice Care
- Qualcare PPO