Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University – Philadelphia, PA
Internship & Residency
Georgetown Medical Center – Washington, D.C.
Dr. Brett Opell specializes in treating patients with prostate and bladder cancer, voiding problems, kidney stones, sexual dysfunction and patients seeking vasectomy. He subspecializes in minimally invasive surgery and excels in the management of stone disease and minimally invasive prostate procedures for benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH).
Dr. Opell completed his medical training at Jefferson Medical College after finishing his undergraduate studies at Lafayette College. He completed a residency at Georgetown University and brought his practice to Union County where he joined New Jersey Urology (NJU).
Dr. Opell is board certified by The American Board of Urology and has served as Director of Trinitas Comprehensive Cancer Center’s Program since 2008.
- American Urologic Association
- Medical Society of New Jersey
- CareOne at Trinitas Regional Medical Center
- Kindred Hospital New Jersey
- Newark Beth Israel Medical Center
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital
- Short Hills Surgery Center
- The Stone Center of New Jersey
- Trinitas Regional Medical Center
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of NJ
- Emblem Health
- Empire Blue Cross HMO (Contiguous County only)
- Empire Blue Cross PPO
- HealthNet Federal
- Railroad Medicare
- UnitedHealthcare (excluding Medicare Plans)
- US Family Health