Robert Wood Johnson Medical School – New Brunswick, NJ
Internship & Residency
University of Florida – Gainesville, FL
Dr. Akira Yamamoto is an experienced and caring urologist serving the Langhorne, Pennsylvania region.
Dr. Yamamoto’s enthusiasm for medicine began at Johns Hopkins University where he graduated with honors in Molecular and Cellular Biology. He went on to complete his medical degree at The Robert Wood Johnson Medical School at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, New Jersey. He completed a residency in general surgery and a residency in urology at the University of Florida, Health Shands Hospital in Gainesville, Florida.
He received the Outstanding Resident Educator Award from the University of Florida Society of Teaching Scholars and the Arnold P. Gold Humanism Honor Society Award from The Robert Wood Johnson Medical School.
Dr. Yamamoto treats a wide range of urologic conditions and he is eager to help patients receive the comprehensive and quality care they deserve so they can enjoy a positive and fulfilling lifestyle.
- Outstanding Resident Educator Award, University of Florida Society of Teaching Scholars
- Arnold P. Gold Humanism Honor Society Award, The Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Peer-Reviewed Scientific Articles:
- Schneider D, Yamamoto A, Barone JG. Evaluation of the consistency between physician clinical impression and 3 validated survey instruments for measuring lower urinary tract symptoms in children. J Urol. 2011 Jul;186(1):261-5.
- Yamamoto A, Su L. Chapter 2: Principles of Robotic Surgery, in Minhas S, Mulhall J, Flanagan R, Van Poppel H, eds. Urologic Surgery: Step by Step (in press).
- Yamamoto A, Su L. Chapter 33: Transperitoneal Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy, in Bishoff J, Kavoussi L, eds. Atlas of Laparoscopic Urologic Surgery 3rd Edition (in press)
Presentations & Published Abstracts:
- Modh R, Yamamoto A, Mason J, Vorhis E, Deitte L, Monroe C, Mench A, Lamoureux R, Lipnharski I, Batson J, Lee D, Henriksen C, Arreola M, Canales B. A Comparison of Calculated Absorbed Radiation Organ Doses and Image Quality for Iterative versus Filtered Back Projection CT in Kidney Stone Patients. Submitted American Urological Association, 2015, New Orleans, LA.
- Modh R, Yamamoto A, Mason J, Bird V. The Oldest Retained Ureteral Stent: A history of ureteral stents. Submitted American Urological Association, 2015, New Orleans, LA.
- Modh R, Yamamoto A, Mason J, Crispen P. Evaluation and Analysis of Urology Consults at a Tertiary Care Center. Submitted American Urological Association, 2015, New Orleans, LA.
- Yamamoto A, Schneider D, Barone JG. Evaluation of Pediatric Surveys for Measuring Voiding Dysfunction: Search for a Gold Standard. American Urologic Association Podium Session, Washington DC, 2011.
- Yamamoto A, Das K. CDX2 Protein Expression in Barrett’s Epithelium differs in primary tissue vs in vitro model. RWJMS Summer Research Fellowship Poster Presentation, New Brunswick, NJ, 2008.