da Vinci Urologic Procedures
Robotic Urology Procedures in New Jersey
At New Jersey Urology (NJU), our board certified urologists provide the following minimally invasive procedures using the da Vinci® Surgical System:
- da Vinci® Cystectomy––to remove all or part of the bladder. Commonly used to treat bladder cancer.
- da Vinci® Partial Nephrectomy––to treat kidney disease such as kidney cancer
- da Vinci® Pyeloplasty––to remove a urinary obstruction or blockage
- da Vinci® Prostatectomy Benign––to treat prostate cancer
- da Vinci® Sacrocolpopexy––to treat uterine and vaginal vault prolapse
A urologic condition is any disease or disorder that affects the male reproductive organs or the male and female urinary tract (kidneys, bladder, ureters and urethra). Some common urologic conditions may include:
- Bladder cancer
- Kidney disorder or cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Urinary blockage
Types of Surgery
When lifestyle changes, medicine and other treatments do not ease your symptoms, your doctor may suggest surgery. Surgery can include:
- Open surgery (through one large incision)
- Minimally invasive surgery (laparoscopic/robotic–assisted da Vinci® Surgery)––done through a few small incisions
Learn more about da Vinci® Urology Procedures:
- da Vinci® Cystectomy (bladder cancer surgery)
- da Vinci® Partial Nephrectomy (kidney disease/cancer surgery)
- da Vinci® Prostatectomy (prostate cancer surgery)
- da Vinci® Pyeloplasty (urinary obstruction surgery)
The da Vinci® System has brought minimally invasive surgery to more than 3 million patients worldwide.da Vinci® technology: changing the experience of surgery for people around the world.
Important Safety Information
Serious complications may occur in any surgery, including da Vinci® surgery, up to and including death. Individual surgical results may vary. Patients should talk to their doctor to decide if da Vinci® surgery is right for them. Patients and doctors should review all available information on non-surgical and surgical options in order to make an informed decision. Please also refer to http://www.daVinciSurgery.com/Safety for important safety information.
© 2015 Intuitive Surgical, Inc. All rights reserved. Product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders. The information on this website is intended for a United States audience only.
This website does not provide medical advice. If you think you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.
The materials on this website are for general educational information only. Information you read on this website cannot replace the relationship that you have with your healthcare professional. Intuitive Surgical does not practice medicine or provide medical services or advice and the information on this website should not be considered medical advice. You should always talk to your healthcare provider for diagnosis and treatment. Health information changes quickly. Therefore, it is always best to consult with your healthcare provider.
If you have questions about the da Vinci® Surgical System or about surgical procedures conducted with the da Vinci® Surgical System, consult a surgeon that has experience with the da Vinci® Surgical System. A list of surgeons that have experience with the da Vinci® Surgical System can be found in the Surgeon Locator.