What Is a Prostate?
A prostate is a small gland (approximately the size of a walnut) that helps in the production of semen. It sits below the bladder and partly surrounds the urethra (a tube that transports urine from the bladder). As a man ages, the tiny gland may grow, resulting in prostate conditions that include benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and prostate cancer.
At New Jersey Urology (NJU), our physicians utilize the latest in diagnostic and treatment techniques to give patients the best possible care for their prostate conditions. Treatments we offer include:
- Holmium laser resection of the prostate (HoLRP)
- Open and robotic prostatectomy
- Photoselective vaporization of the prostate (PVP)
- Radiation therapy
- Transurethral holmium laser ablation of the prostate (HoLAP)
- Transurethral holmium laser enucleation of the prostate (HOLEP)
- Transurethral incision of the prostate (TUIP)
- Transurethral microwave thermotherapy (TUMT)
- Transurethral vaporization of the prostate (TUVP)