Rahuldev Bhalla, MD, FACS
Dr. Rahuldev Bhalla is a nationally acclaimed expert on robotic prostatectomy and other minimally invasive robotic surgeries. He started the Robotic Surgery Program in 2004 at the Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, and has trained numerous surgeons in robotic surgery.
He is a national leader in minimally invasive oncology surgery. His expertise has been crucial to establishing and building a robotics surgery program at Stony Brook University Medical Center (SBUMC) that has taken minimally invasive surgery to new heights. Dr. Bhalla is also involved in diagnosing prostate cancer by using prostate-specific antigen (PSA) testing and modern ultrasound guided biopsy techniques.
In addition, Dr. Bhalla has co-authored multiple publications and book chapters.
Areas of Specialty and Interest
- Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University––medical degree
- Stony Brook University––residency in urology
- Virginia Mason Hospital and Medical Center––fellowship in minimally invasive urologic cancer
- Newark Beth Israel Medical Center
- Saint Barnabas Medical Center
- Stony Brook Medical Center
- University Hospital